Jump to Navigation

Modifications Archives

What is transitional alimony in Tennessee?

When one spouse in a marriage earns significantly more than the other spouse, should the spouses divorce this could put the lesser-earning spouse in a difficult financial situation. For this reason, a court in Tennessee may order one of various types of alimony -- that is, payments by the higher-earning spouse to the lesser-earning spouse.

What is required to modify a parenting plan in Tennessee?

Most of the time divorced parents in Tennessee want to provide their child with as much stability as possible, and with that in mind, have entered into a parenting plan that meets the best interests of both the child and the parents. However, life can throw a wrench in even the best-laid plans, leading one parent to seek a modification of the parenting plan. However, there are certain standards that must be met for the court to approve a modification.

Modifying a divorce decree in Nashville

Once a couple in Nashville decides to end their marriage, they may feel a great sense of relief once the final divorce decree is signed and they can start living their lives apart from one another. However, as the months and years go by, they may find that the provisions in their initial divorce decree no longer meet their needs, whether it is child custody arrangements, child support payments or spousal support payments. When this happens, they may want to seek a modification.

Can a child support order in Tennessee be modified?

In Tennessee, when parents divorce or break-up, they are both still responsible for financially supporting their child. Most parents take this obligation seriously, and, for those who pay child support, this means making sure that all payments are in full and on time. However, sometimes life gets in the way of the best laid plans, and a parent may find that they need to change how much they pay or receive in child support.

Tennessee Supreme Court issues ruling in parental relocation dispute

A family law case recently decided by the Tennessee Supreme Court had its beginning back in 2010 when a Clarksville couple divorced. After their split, the mom worked overseas while the dad stayed in Tennessee to attend nursing school.

Visit our Blog Contact Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

FindLaw Network Office Location

Stanley A. Kweller, Attorney at Law
214 Second Avenue North, Suite 103
Nashville, TN 37201

Nashville Law Office

Phone: 615-208-9691
TF: 866-568-5306
Contact the firm

Super Lawyers